[Linganth] The Beatles and dialects

Adam Hodges adam.hodges at colorado.edu
Thu Mar 3 01:23:30 UTC 2005

I remember reading a brief summary about research that compared the accent
used by the Beatles on their early albums to that on their later albums.  On
the earlier albums, they used more American features, presumably to appeal
to an American audience; and on their later albums, once they were
well-established with the American audience, more British features appeared.
I think I read about this in a recent Anthro News, but I can't locate it.
If anybody has a citation or could point me to a paper on this topic, I'd
appreciate it.

Many thanks,
Adam

Adam Hodges