Introduction

Alexandre Enkerli enkerli at gmail.com
Wed Nov 9 22:08:56 UTC 2005

Will also miss the meeting but can use this occasion.

Ph.D. candidate in ethnomusicology at Indiana University (have been in
the “last throes” for a while). Native French-speaking Montrealer of
French-Swiss origin and with affinal ties to Acadian French. Currently
teaching cultural anthro. at Bridgewater State and African studies at
Tufts. Taught linguistic anthro. at Indiana University South Bend and
Université de Montréal. Focusing on music and language in praise-songs
by/for hunters in Mali. Been using a combination of approaches from
symbolic anthro., ethnomusicology, sensorial anthro., ethnopoetics,
semiotics, folklore, and sociolinguistics.

Do report on the linguistic anthro. components of the meeting. If we're
to take over the world, we might know where we stand.

Alexandre
http://dispar.blogspot.com/
http://www.livejournal.com/users/enkerli/
http://blog.criticalworld.net/