linganth position at kansas state university

Harriet Ottenheimer mahafan at ksu.edu
Thu Sep 15 17:51:07 UTC 2005

Kansas State University seeks to make a tenure-track appointment for a
linguistic anthropologist at the Asst Prof Level beginning Aug 2006. We
are especially interested in specialties complementing our program’s
existing expertise. Successful candidates will value diversity in all of
its dimensions, employ unique approaches in their research and teaching,
and consider different technical and cultural perspectives to solving
problems in these core areas. Our faculty includes 6 full-time and 9
affiliated anthropologists. It is part of an interdisciplinary dept.
with 12 sociologists and 5 social workers and maintains close ties with
American Ethnic Studies and Women’s Studies. We are dedicated to
high-quality undergraduate teaching and productive research scholarship.
Teaching responsibilities include upper-level and introductory courses.
Our regular teaching load is 5 courses per year. The expectation exists
that candidates have experience working with a wide range of
constituencies and diverse student populations. We prefer candidates
with PhD in hand, but ABDs may apply. Review of applications begins
November 1 & continues until position is filled. The salary range is
from $46,000 to $50,000. Kansas State University is an equal opportunity
employer and actively seeks diversity among its employees. Send letter
of application, vitae & names of at least 3 references to: Dr. Harald
E.L. Prins (prins at ksu.edu), Chair, Anthropology Search Committee, Dept
SASW, 204 Waters Hall, KSU, Manhattan, KS 66506-4003.