Clicks

Eve Danziger ed8c at cms.mail.virginia.edu
Tue Mar 28 14:51:39 UTC 2006

Well, since you ask for more, isn't it also true that the
prevailing linguistic view of the use of clicks in non-San
African  languages is that these are in fact due to contact
with San speakers? So nothing to do with DNA in that case,
ancient or otherwise.
And just in case this comes up in the letitor (?), when
migrating popluations are not representative of the range
of genetic diversity in the original stay-at-home
population, I believe it's called "founder's effect", not
genetic drift.
Eve Danziger

--On Tuesday, March 28, 2006 8:43 AM -0500 Ronald Kephart