Language and Linguistics - Shaw

Joshua Raclaw Joshua.Raclaw at Colorado.EDU
Mon Mar 10 15:47:45 UTC 2008

Outside of Tolkien, Anthony Burgess comes to mind - he constructed a conlang for a film back in the early 80s (the name of which is *completely* escaping me), constructed Nadsat for his _A Clockwork Orange_, and wrote a novel (_The Doctor is Sick_) where the protagonist is a Ph.D.-holding lecturer in linguistics, among other qualifications.

Joshua

Joshua Raclaw - PhD student
Department of Linguistics
Culture, Language & Social Practice