Please renew your SLA membership!

Woolard, Kathryn kwoolard at UCSD.EDU
Wed Sep 14 23:09:04 UTC 2011

I'm risking cross-posting to these two lists, with apologies,  in order to reach those of you who have not renewed your membership in SLA this year and may have been dropped from the SLA-announce list.

I've just learned that SLA currently has 636 active members and 222 whose membership has lapsed within the past year. If you are among the latter, please renew now before the rolls and this  listserv get purged again.

I realize that these are hard financial times. However, SLA dues have not been raised and include a subscription to JLA,  which has just increased its content by nearly 50%. Student dues are half the price of regular membership. And remember that AAA's dues are graduated based on the ability to pay, and include reduced fees for students, retired members, and international scholars.

To renew, go to:

http://www.aaanet.org/membership/renew.cfm

Thanks very much for your support of SLA, which hopes to support you in turn. I look forward to seeing many of you in Montreal.

Best wishes,
Kit Woolard
President, SLA

Kathryn A. Woolard,  Professor