youtube on SLA

Francis Hult francis.hult at UTSA.EDU
Mon Jan 16 02:09:57 UTC 2012

It's not an entertainment video, but this clip is a nice illustration of a few key concepts related to stages of second language development:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Eoca1Ou_6TE&feature=related <http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Eoca1Ou_6TE&feature=related>

Francis

--
Francis M. Hult, Ph.D.
Assistant Professor
Department of Bicultural-Bilingual Studies
University of Texas at San Antonio

Web: http://faculty.coehd.utsa.edu/fhult/ <http://faculty.coehd.utsa.edu/fhult/>

New Book in 2011: Educational Linguistics in Practice: Applying the Local Globally and the Global Locally
http://www.multilingual-matters.com/display.asp?isb=9781847693525 <https://ruby1604.utsa.edu/exchweb/bin/redir.asp?URL=http://www.multilingual-matters.com/display.asp?isb=9781847693525>

________________________________

From: Linguistic Anthropology Discussion Group on behalf of Steve Bialostok
Sent: Sun 1/15/2012 6:50 PM
To: LINGANTH at LISTSERV.LINGUISTLIST.ORG
Subject: [LINGANTH] youtube on SLA

Does anyone out there have a recommendation for a REALLY good youtube video on Second Language Acquisition. Right now, I'm looking more for theory (or theories) than what teachers actually could do. (But I'll take those recommendations for a later time.) My online students will watch (starting this week) Playing the Language Game for first language acquisition, and I'd like them to simultaneously watch something about SLA.

I realize that there aren't too many films of equal quality and entertainment value -at least on this subject - but something somewhere between Stephen Krashen (or someone) lecturing an audience to....

Thanks,
Steve