Experience with stand-up comedy data?

Nathaniel Dumas ndumas at LINGUISTICS.UCSB.EDU
Mon Sep 24 22:28:50 UTC 2012

Dear Colleagues,

I hope all is well. I'm working with some stand-up comedy data
(particularly around language ideologies and voicing) and I was
wondering if anyone out there has some experience in transcribing this
kind of data using either the CA system or other systems for discourse
analysis, especially audience participation concerning laughter and
non-lexical verbalizations from the audience. Feel free to email me
offline at ndumas at linguistics.ucsb.edu so we can converse.

Best,
Nate

Nathaniel Dumas