FW: UC Irvine senior-rank position in Early Childhood Education

Woolard, Kathryn kwoolard at UCSD.EDU
Wed Sep 26 17:31:34 UTC 2012

Begin forwarded message:

From: Penelope Collins <pennyc at UCI.EDU<mailto:pennyc at UCI.EDU>>
Date: September 26, 2012 9:37:22 AM PDT
To: <SSSR at LISTSERV.UMKC.EDU<mailto:SSSR at LISTSERV.UMKC.EDU>>
Subject: UC Irvine senior-rank position in Early Childhood Education

University of California, Irvine
School of Education

Early Childhood

The School of Education at the University of California, Irvine invites applications for a tenured senior rank position in the area of early childhood education, development, and/or policy.  Successful candidates must possess a Ph.D. (or equivalent) and have demonstrated strong records of publications, funded research and excellence in teaching.  Applications will be considered at the Associate Professor or Full Professor levels.

We invite applicants from a broad range of disciplines with research interests in early childhood that have implications for education.  Scholars whose work bridges disciplinary boundaries are particularly encouraged to apply.

The selected candidate is expected to contribute to our graduate and undergraduate programs, and particularly to our Ph.D. in Education program, which offers specializations in Learning, Cognition and Development; Educational Policy and Social Context; and Language, Literacy, and Technology.  We are a dynamic and fast growing School of Education.  A more complete description of the School can be found at http://www.education.uci.edu/.

Applications should be submitted online at https://recruit.ap.uci.edu/ and must include a cover letter indicating research and teaching interests, curriculum vitae, and three relevant publications/papers.  Letters of recommendations will be requested at a later date from referees of semi-finalists for the position; however, if applicants wish to have three letters of recommendation submitted through the online system together with their applications they have the option of doing so.  Review of applications will begin on November 1, 2012 and continue until the position is filled.  Applicants are urged to submit their materials by October 31, 2012.  Inquiries about the position may be directed to Greg Dunc!
 an, Chai
r of the Search Committee, at gduncan at uci.edu<mailto:gduncan at uci.edu> or Cheryl Craft, Academic Personnel Manager at ccraft at uci.edu<mailto:ccraft at uci.edu>.

The University of California, Irvine is an equal opportunity employer committed to excellence through diversity and strongly encourages applications from all qualified applicants, including women, minorities and other under-represented groups.  UCI is responsive to the needs of dual career couples, is dedicated to work-life balance through an array of family-friendly policies, and is the recipient of an NSF ADVANCE Award for gender equity.