Texas/Southern Masculinities Research

Steven Black stevepblack at GMAIL.COM
Sun Jun 16 17:55:24 UTC 2013

Hi Bethany,
Check out Aaron Fox's work on language and music in working class culture
in Texas. His book should be especially useful, "Real Country"

You may also benefit from a look at the now-classic
psychological/behavioral study by Nisbet and Cohen, "Culture of Honor,"
though it is based on experimental data and analysis of statistics/ public
discourse.

Good luck,
Steve Black