AAA business meeting resolution on part-time academic labor

Steven Black stevepblack at GMAIL.COM
Wed Nov 13 12:27:07 UTC 2013

Dear all,
I'm writing to share some information that was forwarded to me that is
likely of interest to many listserv members, about a resolution being raised
at the American Anthropology Association business meeting about adjunction
and part-time academic labor:

"Sharryn Kasmir has asked me to get the word out re: the CoLR resolution on
adjunct rights. For it to pass, supporters will need two things: a quorum at
the AAA business meeting and plenty of supportive voters to be present. The
business meeting is Thurs. Nov. 21 at 6:15. Try your best to be there if you
can!!
Take care,

Jeff Maskovsky"

Here is a link to Savage Minds, which has the resolution posted:

http://backupminds.wordpress.com/2013/11/10/aaa-to-hear-resolution-on-contin
gent-and-part-time-academic-labor/

I can't wait to see friends and meet new people!

Best,
Steve Black

Steven P. Black
Department of Anthropology