Fwd: new book series: Anthropology of Contemporary North America

galey modan gmodan at GMAIL.COM
Tue Nov 19 04:29:31 UTC 2013

Thought this might be of interest to ling-anth folks:

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Society for the Anthropology of North America <
sana.membership at gmail.com>
Date: 2013/11/18
Subject: new book series: Anthropology of Contemporary North America
To: gmodan at gmail.com

Fellow SANA Members,

I'm pleased to announce that University of Nebraska Press is launching a
new book series on the Anthropology of Contemporary North America. The
series, which I am co-editing with James Bielo at Miami University, Ohio (
http://www.units.muohio.edu/anthropology/users/bielojs), has just become
official, and we're eager to spread the word to potential authors. As a
long-time SANA member, I know there's a great deal of rich ethnographic
research being conducted across North America, and we hope those of you
with manuscripts in the works will consider submitting proposals for the
new series.

The aim of this series is to publish innovative, well-written books that
contribute to the comparative anthropology of North America. This series
maintains an inclusive scope and is organized around five key themes:
Dynamics of Inequality; Transnational Motions; Movements of Change;
Entertainment, Play, and Authority; and, Post-Industrial Assemblages.
Ultimately, the Anthropology of Contemporary North America series seeks to
be the most reliable destination for teaching and researching North
American anthropology.

You can read more at our series website:
http://anthrocontemporary.weebly.com/.

If you have any questions about the series or are interesting in submitting
a proposal, feel free to contact me at clane at fullerton.edu and/or James
Bielo at bielojs at miamioh.edu. As well, if you're attending the AAA
conference this week in Chicago, please stop by the University of Nebraska
booth to meet our editor, Derek Krissoff (dkrissoff2 at unl.edu), who would be
pleased to talk to interested authors.

Feel free to forward this announcement to colleagues or students you think
might be a good fit for the series.

Warmest regards,

Carrie

Carrie M. Lane
Associate Professor of American Studies
California State University, Fullerton

This message was sent to gmodan at gmail.com from:
SANA | c/o American Anthropological Association
2200 Wilson Blvd., Suite 600 | Arlington, VA 22201

Manage Your Subscription:
http://app.icontact.com/icp/mmail-mprofile.pl?r=17040634&l=464&s=WW81&m=217454&c=175344

Forward To a Friend:
http://app.icontact.com/icp/core/message/forward?m=217454&s=17040634&c=WW81&cid=175344