[Linganth] Language Socialization on Phygital Humans

Nathaniel Dumas nadumas at ucsc.edu
Tue Apr 14 18:10:40 UTC 2015

Dear Colleagues,

I hope everyone is doing well. I’m currently working on another new white
paper for the design thinking firm I work for on ‘the phygital’ (a term in
the tech/futurist space where the digital and physical meet and are no
longer conceived as separate/bounded ‘channels’ for human experience and
consumption), with special focus on language, identity, and interaction.
Thus, I wanted to know if there’s any literature from scholars working on
language socialization from a phygital perspective that we may want to
highlight. If anyone knows any leads on either adult-child LS contexts or
peer-peer LS socialization research that deals with phygital contexts,
please feel free to email me offline at nadumas at ucsc.edu.

Best wishes,
Nate

--
Nathaniel Dumas
Research Associate, Department of Anthropology
nadumas at ucsc.edu