[Linganth] It turns out that Jane Hill is white(!)

Bonnie Urciuoli burciuol at hamilton.edu
Fri Jan 30 16:07:02 UTC 2015

Well put.  It's the same dynamic as what happens every time any politician
with an even remotely progressive message tries to explain it to the
general public.  The problem is, we as academics value accurate
explanation.  But the likes of Fox or of shall we say certain political
operatives are not remotely invested in any notion of accurate explanation
-- for them reference is deployed entirely in service to creating sharp
political lines and cementing their demographic.  I do not know how to
fight any of that directly.