[Linganth] Using library repositories as archives for linguistic data

Piers Kelly Piers.Kelly at anu.edu.au
Fri Jun 12 00:45:35 UTC 2015

I recommend PARADISEC (http://catalog.paradisec.org.au/), also known as the
Pacific and Regional Archive for Digital Sources.

They have a pretty good permissions process and have recently got another
injection of funding.

On Fri, Jun 12, 2015 at 8:43 AM, Janina Fenigsen <jfenigsen at gmail.com>
wrote:

> With the data, I suppose, the question would be the scope of informed
> consent?
>
> On Thu, Jun 11, 2015 at 12:25 PM, Cynthia Dunn <cyndi.dunn at uni.edu> wrote:
>
>> My university and many others are in the process of setting up
>> "institutional repositories" as a way for scholars to archive and make
>> accessible their work, both published and unpublished.  I am thinking about
>> the possibility of using my university's depository as a way to archive my
>> digital recordings, transcripts, and translations and to make those data
>> available for use by other scholars for research and non-commercial uses.
>> I'm wondering whether anyone else has any experience with doing this or any
>> thoughts to share about its feasibility, advisability, and so forth.
>>
>> Cyndi Dunn
>> Professor of Anthropology
>> Dept. of Sociology, Anthropology & Criminology
>> University of Northern Iowa
>> Cedar Falls IA 50614-0513 U.S.A.
>>
>> (319) 273-6251
>> Cyndi.Dunn at uni.edu

Dr Piers Kelly
Communications and Outreach Coordinator
 The ARC Centre of Excellence for the Dynamics of Language
dynamicsoflanguage.edu.au | Facebook
<https://www.facebook.com/CoEDL?ref=aymt_homepage_panel> | Twitter
<https://twitter.com/coedlang> | Flickr
<https://www.flickr.com/groups/2739714@N24/>
*The University of Western Sydney | **The University of Queensland **| The
University of Melbourne | The Australian National University*
T: +61 2 6125 6122 M: 0422 980 680

 [image: Description: u3227473:Logo Design:The Dynamics of Language Logo
files:EPS:The Dynamics of Language Logo.eps]