[Linganth] twitter piece for undergrads?

Browne,Kate Kate.Browne at ColoState.EDU
Thu May 21 14:12:44 UTC 2015

Thank you to everyone who offered a suggestion for my query. Now that my grades are in, I have compiled the list and am attaching it here. Also attached is a piece called Twitteracy that Steve Bialostok offered.

Happy summer to all!

Kate Browne
new book: Standing in the Need: Culture, Comfort, and Coming Home After Katrina http://utpress.utexas.edu/index.php/books/browne-standing-in-the-need

________________________________
From: Browne,Kate
Sent: Tuesday, April 28, 2015 10:38 PM
To: LINGANTH at LISTSERV.LINGUISTLIST.ORG
Subject: twitter piece for undergrads?

Greetings all,

Does anyone have a suggestion for a good, clear piece of work on twitter or social media of the kind that David Crystal wrote on texting in 2008? I'd like to locate something more current along that line.

One piece is the 2015 AE article: #Ferguson: Digital protest, hashtag ethnography, and the racial politics of social media in the US. However, the class has already spent a good deal of time discussing language and race, so I am hoping to find another option.

Thanks for any suggestions!

Kate Browne

Katherine E. Browne
Professor, Department of Anthropology