[Linganth] Books on Language Socialization

Norma Mendoza-Denton n.mendozadenton at gmail.com
Fri Nov 6 18:58:39 UTC 2015

I'll jump in here to recommend Perry Gilmore's brand-new Kisisi: Our
Language. It's the story of the creation of a pidgin between two five-year
old boys, Colin (American) and Sadiki (Samburu) from Kenya, as told through
the story of their friendship in the highlands of Kenya.

http://www.amazon.com/Kisisi-Our-Language-Directions-Ethnography/dp/1119101573

Norma Mendoza-Denton, Ph.D.

Professor
Department of Anthropology