[Linganth] Study: Grappling with race during fieldwork

Emma Fay emfay at crimson.ua.edu
Fri Mar 25 03:21:53 UTC 2016

As an undergraduate assistant to Dr. Lesley Jo Weaver, of the University of
Alabama, I would like to distribute the following message:

Greetings colleagues!

We are conducting a brief (~10 minute) survey-based study on race and
fieldwork in anthropology. The goal is to get a broad sense of how
anthropologists across subfields conceive of and engage with race. The
survey is open to any student, practitioner, or scholar of anthropology,
and indeed, its success depends on the participation of people whose work
does NOT engage race, so please consider participating even if you do not
have specific anthropological interests in race.

Here is the link to the survey:

https://universityofalabama.az1.qualtrics.com/SE/?SID=SV_eE9GSdktIb2FB3v

Thank you in advance for your time!

Sincerely,