[Linganth] Hurricane Harvey support?

Leila Monaghan leila.monaghan at gmail.com
Wed Aug 30 01:46:50 UTC 2017

Dear Linganth colleagues,

During Katrina, Indiana University offered support to college students
displaced by Katrina.  Does anyone know of any universities that are
offering similar support to Houston students? Do you know of universities
that need support? According to many Houston universities’ websites, they
are closed through Labor Day but most seem to be planning on getting back
to business next week.  The University of Houston--Downtown webpage was not
functioning, perhaps a sign of trouble there.

I will set up a Facebook page with any resources for students that you can
share with me.

I am talking to the AAA about a late-breaking Harvey panel.  My New Orleans
colleagues who survived Katrina very much want local Texas anthropologists
to be part of that planning.  Have you or colleagues you know been affected
by Harvey?Would you like to share your experiences and observations at the
AAAs this year?

all best to all of you in these very wet times,

Leila

Leila Monaghan, PhD
Department of Anthropology
Northern Arizona University