[Linganth] Anthropology Graduate Program Opportunities

Elise Berman eberman at uncc.edu
Thu Oct 19 14:21:52 UTC 2017

Good Morning!

I am writing on behalf of the Anthropology Department at UNC Charlotte. We
are asking our friends and colleagues to assist us in sharing our master’s
degree graduate program in Anthropology and Applied Anthropology with
undergraduate students in your programs and colleges. Our MA program is a
two-year program that prepares students for*:*

•        Applied work with in the public and private sectors, with NGOs,
non-profits, cultural resource management firms, and a variety of other
private companies. Our MA program works to place students with projects and
organizations that will provide them both a valuable research opportunity
and a chance to build professional networks.

•        Teaching in Anthropology. Students have the opportunity to work
with faculty on courses, and many of our MA students have taught their own
courses at UNCC.

•        Ph.D. programs in Anthropology and related fields (Geography,
History, Religious Studies, Area Studies). Our faculty have worked with a
variety of students who are now pursuing a PhD in Anthropology or related
fields, and these students were able to use their MA experiences to develop
a stronger application for further graduate work.

The application deadline for admission and consideration for competitive
funding opportunities is March 1 - we usually have several teaching or
research assistantships available, and students can receive tuition
remission if awarded one of these. Please share the attached information
with your students and colleagues. If you or your students have any
questions please contact our Graduate Director Nicole Peterson at
anth-grad at uncc.edu or visit our website at http://anthropology.uncc.edu/.

Sincerely,

**Anthropology MA Program**

The Anthropology Department at the University of North Carolina at
Charlotte offers a two year program of study leading to a Master of Arts
degree in either general or applied Anthropology. Our program is dedicated
to a four-field approach to Anthropology. Students take a challenging core
program before embarking on their MA research, often in collaboration with
our faculty members.

*Areas of specialization may include:*

Applied Anthropology

Anthropological Theory & Methods

Archaeology of Complex Societies

Gender & Culture

Politics of Language & Exchange

Medical Anthropology

Global Public Health, Development & Human Rights

Evolution & Genetics

Ritual & Religion

Environmental & Urban Anthropology

The Anthropology of Food

Primatology

Education, Culture, and Society

The Culture Nature of Human Development

For more information, please contact Dr. Nicole Peterson at
anth-grad at uncc.edu or see our website at anthropology.uncc.edu
--
Elise Berman
Assistant Professor