[Linganth] starting a virtual reading group

Ilana Gershon imgershon at gmail.com
Wed Jan 24 14:24:35 UTC 2018

Dear Colleagues,
CaMP anthropology at IU has decided to start a virtual reading group.
We are going to read recently published ethnographic work
at the intersection of communication, media, and performance, and have
the authors visit us for some conversation,
all through Zoom, an online meeting technology.

We will meet the last Fridays of every month from 1-2 pm EST, starting
February 23rd.  So on February 23rd, Graham
Jones will be visiting to discuss ch. 5 and 6 of his recently published
book, Magic's Reason.

If you would like to participate, please write to:
  campsemiotics at gmail.com

Either Ben Ale-Ebrahim or I will send you the Zoom link to join the
meeting and the Dropbox link for the readings.

We hope you will join us for some intellectually engaging conversations.
Best,
Ilana