[Linganth] Fwd: email ad

Elise Berman eberman at uncc.edu
Thu Jan 25 14:08:07 UTC 2018

Dear all,

I am writing on behalf of the Anthropology Department at UNC Charlotte. We
are asking our friends and colleagues to assist us in advertising our
master’s degree program in either Applied Anthropology or General
Anthropology. We offer a two-year program of study whereby students are
afforded the opportunity to engage in core coursework as well as embark on
an individual research project. In addition to students with Anthropology
degrees, we encourage students from related fields who have anthropology
coursework to apply. We also expect to start a combined MA/MPH where
students will get a dual degree in Anthropology and Public Health starting
in 2018.

The application deadline for funding is March 1. Applications are accepted
until July 15. Please share the attached information with your students and
colleagues. If you or your students have any questions please contact our
Graduate Director Nicole Peterson at anth-grad at uncc.edu or visit our
website at http://anthropology.uncc.edu/. Thank you in advance for your
assistance.

* UNC Charlotte’s MA Program in Applied or General Anthropology*

The Anthropology Department at the University of North Carolina at
Charlotte offers a two year program of study leading to a Master of Arts
degree in either general or applied Anthropology. Our program is dedicated
to a four-field approach to Anthropology. Students take a challenging core
program before embarking on their own research. Graduates from our program
are prepared for applied work in the public and private sectors as well as
pursuing careers with non-profits, NGOs, and cultural resource management
firms, among other possibilities. Alumni are also active in teaching
anthropology as well as pursing Ph.Ds.

*We expect to offer a dual MA/MPH degree starting in 2018 - please email
us for details*

*Areas of specialization may include:*

Applied Anthropology
Archaeology of Complex Societies