[Linganth] State of the Discipline?

Kerim Friedman oxusnet at gmail.com
Tue Jul 10 12:05:28 UTC 2018

Dear List Members,

I am in the middle of writing something about the discipline of linguistic
anthropology, which is practically nonexistent here in Taiwan. I would like
to share some statistics to highlight how widespread and popular it is in
the US (and perhaps elsewhere?). Has anyone already written something like
that which I could cite? Or, failing that, are there some handy statistics
available on things like growth in SLA membership, number of departments or
dedicated faculty positions, books published, etc. that might help to show
Taiwanese that this is a growing discipline? The final piece will be
translated into Chinese but I hope to make the English version available
somewhere. (It is due in week's time...)

Thanks!

Kerim

--

*P. Kerim Friedman 傅可恩 <http://kerim.oxus.net/>*

Associate Professor
The Department of Ethnic Relations and Cultures
College of Indigenous Studies
National DongHwa University, TAIWAN
副教授國立東華大學族群關係與文化學系