[Linganth] Control the Words, Control the Culture

Karen Pennesi pennesi at uwo.ca
Tue Jun 19 02:32:05 UTC 2018

Hello,

I am writing to ask for help in finding a short video or perhaps a short written piece accessible to a non-academic audience that presents an alternative critical perspective to the one from conservative media outlet "PragerU"  in this video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K-58HoTHWQk&feature=youtu.be

[https://i.ytimg.com/vi/K-58HoTHWQk/maxresdefault.jpg]<https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K-58HoTHWQk&feature=youtu.be>

Control the Words, Control the Culture - YouTube<https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K-58HoTHWQk&feature=youtu.be>
www.youtube.com
The culture war is first and foremost a war of words – and the left is winning. The consequences can be seen everywhere: in politics, in education, in media....

The central idea about the political manipulation of discourse is of course, right, but the examples used and the argument being made about "political correctness" and "the left"  require a rebuttal that takes power structures into account. I was hoping someone on the list might have something handy to recommend since an overly academic source won't do in this case where I was asked to comment for a non-academic audience.

thanks in advance,

Karen