[Linganth] Translators for mesoamerican languages urgently needed for border crisis

Woolard, Kathryn kwoolard at ucsd.edu
Fri Jun 22 23:23:13 UTC 2018

Many Ling Anthro folks may  know this from SLA twitter & other sources, but I haven’t seen it on this listserv, so I’m sending it on. Thanks to Beth Mertz for this alert.

 they're looking for people who can translate languages like zapotec, nahua, ma'am, quich'e, maya, mixe, mixteco to help with the crisis at the border -- the group I've been following most is RAICES, and they welcome people who can translate remotely (no need to travel to the border):

volunteer at raicestexas.org<mailto:volunteer at raicestexas.org>