[Linganth] talking to dead people

Rebecca Pardo rebecca.pardo at gmail.com
Thu Oct 4 08:10:55 UTC 2018

Hi all,

I'm working at Facebook on the topic of Memorialization, or what happens to
your profile and account when you die. This work involves understanding
cultural and religious variation in conceptions of death, and also
specifically the ways in which bereaved people communicate, or don't, with
the deceased. Can anyone point me to research on how bereaved people
interact with their lost loved ones? I am particularly interested in any
work on direct address, but anything around this topic would be helpful.

Thanks!

Rebecca