[Linganth] Submit your proposal for the AAA/CASCA Annual Meeting!

Roth Gordon, Jennifer F - (jenrothg) jenrothg at email.arizona.edu
Wed Apr 3 17:14:29 UTC 2019

Hi all,

Please don't forget to get your submission started by this Friday! This means you must go into the system and register your panel (if you are the organizer). The system will then autogenerate emails to your participants once you input their names/emails. (It doesn't hurt to check that all of your participants received these email prompts. Organizers can resend them through the system if they get lost.) Participants have until next Wed. to upload and finalize their parts (pay careful attention to the "to do" list they give you of forms to approve and sign off on. A panel is not complete until all of participants' boxes show green check marks.).

If you are submitting individually (as a paper or poster/gallery session), you MUST start your own submission by this Friday. You can still make changes to your abstract, title, etc. until the final deadline of April 10th (next Wed).

If you are interested in possible co-sponsorship for your panel, you can send me an email as a heads up. Please note that our section's ability to invite/cosponsor sessions is very limited.

Links to enter the portal are below.

jen

Jennifer Roth-Gordon
Associate Professor
School of Anthropology
University of Arizona
Tucson, AZ 85721-0030

Two submission deadlines this year

[Changing Climates: 2019 AAA/CASCA Meeting Vancouver] <http://AmAA.informz.net/z/cjUucD9taT0yNTM3NTExJnA9MSZ1PTM3NDA5MTg4NCZsaT0xNzMxNjI5Mw/index.html>
Attend the Annual Meeting - Attend Events <http://amaa.informz.net/z/cjUucD9taT0yNTM3NTExJnA9MSZ1PTM3NDA5MTg4NCZsaT0xNzMxNjI5Mw/index.html>
amaa.informz.net
Join AAA, CASCA, and thousands of your friends and colleagues in Vancouver, BC, November 20 - 24, to build lasting connections, uncover new career and mentoring opportunities, and explore the latest research across the discipline — all while addressing today’s most pressing issues.

AAA/CASCA General Call for Papers Now Open!

>From Wednesday, November 20 through Sunday, November 24, thousands of anthropologists and friends of the discipline will gather in Vancouver, BC for the joint Annual Meeting<http://AmAA.informz.net/z/cjUucD9taT0yNTM3NTExJnA9MSZ1PTM3NDA5MTg4NCZsaT0xNzMxNjI5Mw/index.html> of the AAA and the Canadian Anthropology Society (CASCA).

The 2019 AAA/CASCA Annual Meeting submission portal is open for the General Call for Papers. We have a variety of proposal submission types<http://AmAA.informz.net/z/cjUucD9taT0yNTM3NTExJnA9MSZ1PTM3NDA5MTg4NCZsaT0xNzMxNjI5NA/index.html> available, so use our interactive video<http://AmAA.informz.net/z/cjUucD9taT0yNTM3NTExJnA9MSZ1PTM3NDA5MTg4NCZsaT0xNzMxNjI5NQ/index.html> to determine the best one for you, and submit your proposal today<http://AmAA.informz.net/z/cjUucD9taT0yNTM3NTExJnA9MSZ1PTM3NDA5MTg4NCZsaT0xNzMxNjI5Ng/index.html>!

Please note two important deadlines for submissions:

  *   Submissions must be started by Friday, April 5 at 3:00 p.m. EDT.

  *   Submitters will have until Wednesday, April 10 at 3:00 p.m. EDT to finalize and submit their proposals.

[https://www.informz.net/admin31/images/spacer.gif]
[https://www.informz.net/admin31/images/spacer.gif]     Begin Your Submission <http://AmAA.informz.net/z/cjUucD9taT0yNTM3NTExJnA9MSZ1PTM3NDA5MTg4NCZsaT0xNzMxNjI5Nw/index.html>         [https://www.informz.net/admin31/images/spacer.gif]
[https://www.informz.net/admin31/images/spacer.gif]

Pre-Submission Deadlines

  *   March 20: Guest Presenter Registration<http://AmAA.informz.net/z/cjUucD9taT0yNTM3NTExJnA9MSZ1PTM3NDA5MTg4NCZsaT0xNzMxNjI5OA/index.html> request deadline (formerly Membership Exemption) for non-anthropologists or anthropologists living outside of the US or Canada who wish to present. Also the deadline to submit a Program Chair Waiver Application<http://AmAA.informz.net/z/cjUucD9taT0yNTM3NTExJnA9MSZ1PTM3NDA5MTg4NCZsaT0xNzMxNjI5OQ/index.html>.

  *   March 21: Annual Meeting registration prices <http://AmAA.informz.net/z/cjUucD9taT0yNTM3NTExJnA9MSZ1PTM3NDA5MTg4NCZsaT0xNzMxNjMwMA/index.html> increase

  *   April 5 (3:00 p.m. EDT): New submission cutoff. Proposals must be started in the portal prior to 3:00 p.m. EDT on April 5 for consideration. The portal will not allow new submissions after this time.

  *   April 10 (3:00 p.m. EDT): Submission deadline for submitters with active submissions.

Registration and Membership Reminder

Meeting registration and association membership (in either AAA or CASCA) are required in order to present at the Annual Meeting.

  *   If you wish to join AAA and register for the meeting through AAA’s website, please do so here<http://AmAA.informz.net/z/cjUucD9taT0yNTM3NTExJnA9MSZ1PTM3NDA5MTg4NCZsaT0xNzMxNjMwMA/index.html>.
  *   If you wish to join CASCA and register for the meeting through CASCA’s website, please do so here<http://AmAA.informz.net/z/cjUucD9taT0yNTM3NTExJnA9MSZ1PTM3NDA5MTg4NCZsaT0xNzMxNjMwMQ/index.html>.

2019 AAA/CASCA Annual Meeting Collaboration Zone

Are you looking for someone to join your panel or are you looking for a panel to join at the 2019 AAA/CASCA Annual Meeting? Complete our online collaboration form <http://AmAA.informz.net/z/cjUucD9taT0yNTM3NTExJnA9MSZ1PTM3NDA5MTg4NCZsaT0xNzMxNjMwMg/index.html> to be placed on our panel match-up list or peruse requests<http://AmAA.informz.net/z/cjUucD9taT0yNTM3NTExJnA9MSZ1PTM3NDA5MTg4NCZsaT0xNzMxNjMwMw/index.html> from those seeking participation. Once you find your collaborators and get your session together, enter the submission portal<http://AmAA.informz.net/z/cjUucD9taT0yNTM3NTExJnA9MSZ1PTM3NDA5MTg4NCZsaT0xNzMxNjMwNA/index.html> to submit your proposed session for Annual Meeting peer review and consideration.

[https://www.informz.net/admin31/images/spacer.gif]
[https://www.informz.net/admin31/images/spacer.gif]     Post a Request <http://AmAA.informz.net/z/cjUucD9taT0yNTM3NTExJnA9MSZ1PTM3NDA5MTg4NCZsaT0xNzMxNjMwMg/index.html>        [https://www.informz.net/admin31/images/spacer.gif]
[https://www.informz.net/admin31/images/spacer.gif]

        [https://images.informz.net/Static/spacer-long.png]

[https://www.informz.net/admin31/images/spacer.gif]
[https://www.informz.net/admin31/images/spacer.gif]     View Submitted Requests <http://AmAA.informz.net/z/cjUucD9taT0yNTM3NTExJnA9MSZ1PTM3NDA5MTg4NCZsaT0xNzMxNjMwMw/index.html>       [https://www.informz.net/admin31/images/spacer.gif]
[https://www.informz.net/admin31/images/spacer.gif]

Special Passport Advisory

[https://AmAA.informz.net/AmAA/data/images/passport.jpg?cb=346125] <http://AmAA.informz.net/z/cjUucD9taT0yNTM3NTExJnA9MSZ1PTM3NDA5MTg4NCZsaT0xNzMxNjMwNQ/index.html>

Canadian law requires that all persons entering Canada carry both proof of citizenship and proof of identity. If you travel with a valid U.S. passport, your passport must be valid for at least three months beyond your planned date of departure from Canada. Learn more here<http://AmAA.informz.net/z/cjUucD9taT0yNTM3NTExJnA9MSZ1PTM3NDA5MTg4NCZsaT0xNzMxNjMwNQ/index.html>.

        [https://images.informz.net/Static/spacer-long.png]

International Year of Indigenous Languages

[https://AmAA.informz.net/AmAA/data/images/Annual%20Meeting/IYIL2019_logo.png?cb=38336] <http://AmAA.informz.net/z/cjUucD9taT0yNTM3NTExJnA9MSZ1PTM3NDA5MTg4NCZsaT0xNzMxNjMwNg/index.html>

2019 is the International Year of Indigenous Languages! Parties interested in submitting related content to the AAA/CASCA Meeting can contact Daniel Ginsberg<mailto:dginsberg at americananthro.org> for more information, and updates will be posted to this page<https://www.americananthro.org/iyil2019?utm_source=informz&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=cta> as they become available.

[facebook] <http://AmAA.informz.net/z/cjUucD9taT0yNTM3NTExJnA9MSZ1PTM3NDA5MTg4NCZsaT0xNzMxNjMwNw/index.html>

[twitter] <http://AmAA.informz.net/z/cjUucD9taT0yNTM3NTExJnA9MSZ1PTM3NDA5MTg4NCZsaT0xNzMxNjMwOA/index.html>

[linkedin] <http://AmAA.informz.net/z/cjUucD9taT0yNTM3NTExJnA9MSZ1PTM3NDA5MTg4NCZsaT0xNzMxNjMwOQ/index.html>

[youtube] <http://AmAA.informz.net/z/cjUucD9taT0yNTM3NTExJnA9MSZ1PTM3NDA5MTg4NCZsaT0xNzMxNjMxMA/index.html>

[instagram] <http://AmAA.informz.net/z/cjUucD9taT0yNTM3NTExJnA9MSZ1PTM3NDA5MTg4NCZsaT0xNzMxNjMxMQ/index.html>

American Anthropological Association
2300 Clarendon Blvd., Suite 1301
Arlington, VA 22201 | TEL 703-528-1902

Manage your email preferences<http://AmAA.informz.net/z/cjUucD9taT0yNTM3NTExJnU9Mzc0MDkxODg0JmxpPTE3MzE2MzEyJmw9aHR0cHM6Ly9BbUFBLmluZm9ybXoubmV0L0FtQUEvcGFnZXMvU3Vic2NyaXB0aW9uTWFuYWdlbWVudD9fenM9NFNJM1h8X3ptaT1CSTBE/index.html>

[Higher Logic]<http://AmAA.informz.net/z/cjUucD9taT0yNTM3NTExJnA9MSZ1PTM3NDA5MTg4NCZsaT0xNzMxNjMxMw/index.html>