[Linganth] Submit your proposal for the AAA/CASCA Annual Meeting!

Woolard, Kathryn kwoolard at ucsd.edu
Wed Apr 3 23:44:18 UTC 2019

Hi Jen –
Thanks for your reminders, they’ve been helpful. I assume you’ve been following all the reports on this listserv from people who couldn’t get the online meeting registration form to work. The latest from Janina Fenigsen was the most novel; she had to buy merch in order to complete the transaction (and very clever of her to figure that out).

Since registration is essential in order to have papers/panels considered, this could continue to be a major obstacle if the problem hasn’t been resolved. I know you’ll be busy with the actual program, but can you pass the word to the right people at AAA about all these difficulties?  And if you’d rather we write to someone else, can you tell us the most appropriate contact? Others reported sending cries for help to AAA and getting nothing back.

Thanks again, for this and for all the work that goes into putting the program together. Looking forward to Vancouver –
Kit

Kathryn A. Woolard
Research Professor/Professor Emerita
Department of Anthropology, 0532