[Linganth] Word Gap intervention evaluation studies?

Woolard, Kathryn kwoolard at ucsd.edu
Tue Apr 16 00:21:32 UTC 2019

Does anyone have references for, and/or a critical summary of, follow-up evaluation studies of home language socialization interventions based on the “Word Gap” model, such as “Providence Talks” or other LENA-based interventions?

Brief googling has led me only to short (glowing) news reports 2017-18 and an unpublished ms. of a Brown University study of Providence Talks, which falls far short in research standards in my view. For evaluation of change in child language skills, it uses only a self-administered parent evaluation form devised and provided by LENA itself to its participants.

Thanks for any leads.
Kit Woolard