[Linganth] Very Last Minute SLA panel

Leila Monaghan leila.monaghan at gmail.com
Sat Dec 14 23:37:46 UTC 2019

Hi, I am putting together with my students a panel on "Framing Indigenous
Voices" that looks at the framing (Goffman, and Joe Feagin's White Racial
Frame), recontextualization (Bauman and Briggs), and reentextualization
(Silverstein and Urban) of Indigenous texts, both historical and
contemporary.  We would welcome one or two additional papers and/or someone
who would like to comment or lead a discussion on the matter.  Indigenous
scholars and students particularly welcome.  Current papers are a
re-examination of an interview of a women at Little Bighorn, analysis of
newspaper coverage of Wounded Knee and other late 19th century attacks, and
a discussion of current media coverage of killed and missing Indigenous
women and men.

As the deadline for all materials is Monday, please contact me immediately
if interested.

all best,

Leila
Leila.Monaghan at gmail.com