[Linganth] request for ling anth/socioling lit in Spanish

Charles Briggs clbriggs at berkeley.edu
Thu Feb 14 01:19:49 UTC 2019

Hi, friends,
I would humbly bring to your attention my book,
/Poéticas de vida en espacios de muerte: Género, poder y el estado en la
cotidianeidad Warao,/ Quito, Ecuador: Editorial Abya-Yala, 2008.
The reason is that Abya-Yala does an excellent job of placing its books
in US academic libraries, so a copy might occupy a more proximal
location to you than most books in ling anthro published in Spanish (due
to all of the xenophobic dimensions of the global hegemony of English
that we know altogether too well...).
Saludos!
Charles