[Linganth] request for ling anth/socioling lit in Spanish

Amelia Tseng at443 at georgetown.edu
Thu Feb 14 13:15:26 UTC 2019

I am also looking for materials so am following with interest, and would
also be very interested if a bibliographic list is compiled!

Thanks for sharing these great resources.
Amelia

On Wednesday, February 13, 2019, Charles Briggs <clbriggs at berkeley.edu>
wrote:

> Hi, friends,
> I would humbly bring to your attention my book,
> *Poéticas de vida en espacios de muerte: Género, poder y el estado en la
> cotidianeidad Warao,* Quito, Ecuador: Editorial Abya-Yala, 2008.
> The reason is that Abya-Yala does an excellent job of placing its books in
> US academic libraries, so a copy might occupy a more proximal location to
> you than most books in ling anthro published in Spanish (due to all of the
> xenophobic dimensions of the global hegemony of English that we know
> altogether too well...).
> Saludos!
> Charles
>
> On 2/13/19 3:46 PM, Norma Mendoza-Denton wrote:
>
> Hi Catherine,
>
> Sandro Duranti's textbook on Linguistic Anthropology has been translated
> into Spanish:
>
> https://www.casadellibro.com/libro-antropologia-linguistica/9788483230923/
> 706246
>
> Best,
>
> Norma
>

> Norma Mendoza-Denton, Ph.D.
>
> Associate Dean, Graduate Division
>
> Professor, Department of Anthropology
> University of California at Los Angeles
> Los Angeles, CA 90024
>
> www.norma-mendoza-denton.com/
>

> On Wed, Feb 13, 2019 at 10:41 AM Catherine Rebecca Rhodes <rhodesc at unm.edu>
> wrote:
>
>> Greetings,
>>

>> I am developing a Spanish-medium linguistic anthropology course and I am
>> looking for linguistic anthropology and sociolinguistics texts that have
>> been published in Spanish. I would be grateful for any references you can
>> suggest. I will gladly compile the list and send it out to this
>> listserv.
>>

>> Thank you in advance for your consideration and suggestions.
>>

>> Sincerely,
>>

>> Catherine
>>
>> __________________________
>>
>> Dr. Catherine R. Rhodes
>>

>> Visiting Lecturer
>>
>> Department of Anthropology
>>

>> Affiliated Faculty
>>
>> Latin American and Iberian Institute
>>
>> Anthropology Patio 107
>>
>> University of New Mexico
>>
>> rhodesc at unm.edu
>>
>> +1-505-277-4524 [main office]

Amelia Tseng, Ph.D
*https://american.academia.edu/AmeliaTseng
<https://si.academia.edu/AmeliaTseng>*

Assistant Professor, World Languages and Cultures
American University

Research Associate
Smithsonian Center for Folklife and Cultural Heritage

Sociolinguistics in the public sphere: National Public Radio
"A Prescription For "Racial Imposter Syndrome"
http://one.npr.org/?sharedMediaId=528816293:531824445