[Linganth] AAA 2019 panel on Web 2.0 discourse analysis/research methods?

Lauren Zentz laurenzentz at gmail.com
Fri Feb 15 13:13:37 UTC 2019

Hi all,
 I'm wondering if there's anyone out there who's doing ethnographic
research about social media/Web 2.0 activities, who would like to
brainstorm on putting together a panel for AAA in Vancouver. I'm kind of
floundering around in data and readings right now, so I don't have an
initial abstract to formulate - rather, I'd like to think through it with
whomever is interested.
  My particular research project pertains to 2 separate activist groups who
use social media in different ways in order to organize and mobilize their
respective movements.
  Thanks,
  Lauren Zentz

Associate Professor of Applied Linguistics
Department of English
University of Houston

Co-President, Executive Board, Voices Breaking Boundaries

Check out my book:
*Statehood, Scale and Hierarchy: History, Language and Identity in
Indonesia*
Encounters Series
Multilingual Matters
http://www.multilingual-matters.com/display.asp?isb=9781783098460