[Linganth] references: language, migration, and health

Arnold, Lynnette lynnette_arnold at brown.edu
Fri Feb 15 18:26:24 UTC 2019

Dear Colleagues -

I am currently teaching a service-learning course on Language and Migration
and have several students working with local migrant communities in health
contexts. So I'd like to add some readings on the intersection of language,
migration, and health - in particular students are interested in issues of
interpretation as well as the health effects of anti-immigrant rhetoric.

I'd appreciate any and all suggestions, especially for readings that are
accessible to students without much background in linguistic anthropology.
I am happy to compile all the suggestions I get and circulate them back out
to the list.

Thanks in advance!

Lynnette Arnold, PhD
Mellon Postdoctoral Fellow