[Linganth] American Anthropologist: Transcripts Do Not Count Toward Word Limit!

Angela Reyes arreye at hunter.cuny.edu
Tue Jun 11 13:58:12 UTC 2019

Dear Linganth,

As Associate Editor for Linguistic Anthropology at American Anthropologist, I am pleased to announce an exciting change in our word count policy. In an effort to encourage and accommodate submissions in linguistic anthropology, we are no longer counting transcripts toward the 8,000 word limit. We recently posted this on Twitter and Facebook:

"New guidelines make American Anthropologist more accessible to linguistic anthropology manuscripts. The 8000 word limit now only applies to the main text, transcripts may be submitted separately in PDF files as "figures." Send us your submissions!"

Please consider submitting to AA so we can increase the profile of linguistic anthropology in our journal. Please help us spread the word. Thanks!

Best,
Angie
--
Angela Reyes, Ph.D.
Professor and Chair, English Department, Hunter College, CUNY

Associate Editor for Linguistic Anthropology, American Anthropologist
http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/journal/10.1111/(ISSN)1548-1433