[Linganth] New Book on Language, Morality, and Affect in Neoliberal Indonesia

Aurora Donzelli adonzelli at sarahlawrence.edu
Mon Sep 9 21:20:12 UTC 2019

Dear friends and colleagues,

In case you are interested, my new book “Methods of Desire: Language, Morality, and Affect in Neoliberal Indonesia” has just been released by University of Hawaii Press. I attach below a flyer with a discount code and free US shipping.

Based on a longitudinal ethnographic exploration of the impact of neoliberal reforms on the linguistic practices and the affective registers of a small community in upland Indonesia (Toraja), the book’s main focus is the nexus between language, morality, and neoliberalism. Suitable for both graduate and undergraduate students, it is aimed at a wide audience interested in applying linguistic anthropological methods to the study of the contemporary moment.

More details and a preview can be found at:

https://uhpress.hawaii.edu/product/methods-of-desire-language-morality-and-affect-in-neoliberal-indonesia/

and

https://www.amazon.com/Methods-Desire-Language-Neoliberal-Indonesia-ebook/dp/B07L3TW8RN

With best wishes,