[Linganth] [External] Re: Military Standard English?

Contini-Morava, Ellen L (elc9j) elc9j at virginia.edu
Tue Sep 10 20:50:03 UTC 2019

For a historical (and gender) perspective, here’s an excerpt from a 1980 book giving advice about vocabulary, grammar and pronunciation to wives of Non-Commissioned Officers.  In case the listserv won’t accept attachments, I’m happy to share it individually.  Unfortunately I only have this page, kindly passed along to me by a former grad student, not the whole book.

Ellen

Ellen Contini-Morava
Professor Emerita
Anthropology and Linguistics