[Linganth] SLA 2020: Junior Scholars Workshop

Jessica Pouchet j.pouchet at bucknell.edu
Thu Feb 6 21:59:11 UTC 2020

Dear Colleagues,

Great news: we can accommodate a few more participants in the Junior
Scholars Workshop. If you're interested in joining us, please fill out
the Google
form <https://forms.gle/nzJoRuPuKr256cby9> by the end of February and be
ready to share the draft you'd like to workshop by March 15. See below for
more information and contact me with any questions.

Best,

Jessica

--
Jessica Pouchet, Ph.D.
Assistant Professor & C. Graydon and Mary E. Rogers Faculty Fellow

office: Academic West 331
email: j.pouchet at bucknell.edu
phone: +1 570 577 1206
pronouns: she/her/hers

-
Do you want feedback on your latest writing project?

Would you like to meet collegial peers from other institutions?

Would a friendly deadline help you get that article or chapter finished?

If so, come to the SLA 2020
<http://linguisticanthropology.org/blog/meetings/2020-spring-conference-society-linguistic-anthropology/>
conference
in Boulder!

Inspired by another section's successful launch of a similar event, I am
organizing a free workshop at the SLA 2020 for junior scholars, broadly
understood as anyone pre-tenure and post- (or practically post-) Ph.D.

The goal is to take advantage of this gathering to create a supportive,
collegial, and productive space for junior scholars in linguistic
anthropology as we navigate the publishing demands of the pre-tenure years
and prepare to become the future leaders of SLA.

The format is as follows: interested participants should submit an abstract
for the article or chapter they would like to workshop using this *Google
form <https://forms.gle/Kr9roHxHuQVztRkh7>*. I will then group participants
into threes, loosely based on shared interests to the extent possible.
Then, by March 15, participants will share their manuscripts with their
small group. During the April workshop session, the three of you will share
your feedback with each other and walk away with an improved manuscript and
a larger professional network.

While the workshop is free, participants will need to register for the
conference. In addition, there may be an additional step to register for
the workshop beyond the Google Form - details are in the works and will be
communicated to those who have completed the form.

Please be in touch with any questions, comments, or suggestions.