[Linganth] resources on COVID for teaching Language and Health

Lynnette Arnold larnold at anthro.umass.edu
Wed Oct 14 15:55:56 UTC 2020

Dear colleagues -

This year, I am adding a week on Language and Health to my Intro to Ling
Anthro course and hoping to assign materials that look at this intersection
in the case of COVID.

I have found some resources already (see short list below), but want to
make sure I'm not missing anything fantastic since this is an emerging area
of research!

Short news or popular articles are welcome in addition to more academic
fare (that is still accessible), and any video resources would be
especially useful.

I am happy to compile resources to share with the list. Here's what I have
so far:
-Language on the Move blog <https://www.languageonthemove.com/blogpage/> -
many posts
-Special issue of Multilingua
<https://www.degruyter.com/view/journals/mult/39/5/mult.39.issue-5.xml>
-Special section of Language, Culture, and Society (volume 2:2 - should be
out soon!)

Thanks in advance,

--

Lynnette Arnold

Assistant Professor

Department of Anthropology

University of Massachusetts Amherst

Pronouns: she/her/hers

Office Hours:  Weds 1:30 – 3:30  PM (sign up here
<https://calendar.google.com/calendar/selfsched?sstoken=UUphcnU4cFAwMHdKfGRlZmF1bHR8YTFiZWYxYzRmZTdhZDMzMzFjNTZjYTk0MzQwZDVmYjM>
)

Zoom Room: https://umass-amherst.zoom.us/j/9539162133