[Linganth] New literature on COVID-19 & SARS from a ling anthro perspective

Ignasi Clemente ignasiclemente at gmail.com
Tue Feb 2 20:04:21 UTC 2021

Dear colleagues,

As the pandemic continues, I was wondering if we could share updates on references/publication/ research available on COVID-19 or SARS from a linguistic anthropology perspective and more generally from a language-focused perspective (conversation analysis, discourse analysis, and scholars sensitive to language from any discipline).

A few months ago, a few references already circulated, I can only remember two. I’m sure more were circulated back then and that more will have been published by now.

Briggs, C. L. (2020). Beyond the Linguistic/Medical Anthropology Divide: Retooling Anthropology to Face COVID-19. Medical Anthropology, 39(7), 563-572.
Pritzker, S. E. (2020). Language, Emotion, and the Politics of Vulnerability. Annual Review of Anthropology, 49(1), 241-256.

Thank you very much,
Ignasi Clemente

Ignasi Clemente PhD
Department of Anthropology
Hunter College, City University of New York
707 Hunter North Building
695 Park Avenue
New York, NY 10065
US