[Linganth] Relational Lexicography: Developing New Frameworks for Community-Informed Dictionary Work, an online survey

Victoria Sear vsear at alumni.ubc.ca
Thu Jan 28 04:39:29 UTC 2021

Dear all,

I’m the Coordinator of a research project entitled “Relational Lexicography<https://dictionaries.arts.ubc.ca>: Developing New Frameworks for Community-Informed Dictionary Work” funded by the Social Sciences and Humanities Research Council (SSHRC) of Canada.

The research team includes me as the Coordinator, Mark Turin (PI), Christine Schreyer (Co-I), and collaborators Sarah Dupont, Candace Galla, Gerald Lawson, Patrick Moore, Daisy Rosenblum, Rosalind Williams, Indigenous community partners Splatsin Tsm7aksaltn<http://splatsin.org> and Selkirk First Nation<http://www.selkirkfn.com> and a number of UBC undergraduate students.

As part of this project, we are conducting an online survey about people’s work on community-based dictionary projects for Indigenous and other historically marginalized languages in North America. As people who may have been involved in one or more projects like this, we hope that some of you might be interested and willing to participate.

You can find the link to the survey here: SURVEY<https://ubc.ca1.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_cSVbTMWDjacuXpr>

The survey takes approximately 30 minutes to complete and you can choose to participate anonymously or have your identity recorded. You can also enter to win a draw for a book on dictionary-making once you have completed the survey. If you have worked on more than one dictionary project, you can also complete this survey more than once, which we would appreciate immensely!

Please also feel free to share this invitation with others who might be interested.

If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to write to me at vsear at alumni.ubc.ca<mailto:vsear at alumni.ubc.ca>, Mark Turin at mark.turin at ubc.ca<mailto:mark.turin at ubc.ca> or Christine Schreyer at christine.schreyer at ubc.ca<mailto:christine.schreyer at ubc.ca>.

Thank you very much for considering this request.

All the best,
Victoria Sear

Victoria Sear
PhD Student