[Linganth] Reading recommendations: "we" among activists?

Gregory Morton gmorton at bard.edu
Tue Mar 23 05:13:07 UTC 2021

Dear list readers,

       Thank you for your collective wisdom! Tonight, I'm wondering if you
can suggest any sources about the use of person deixis (especially "we" in
English and similar forms in Spanish) among activists. This is for someone
who's writing about a coalition that (successfully!) organized to persuade
the New York state legislature to allow drivers licenses for undocumented
migrants. The coalition's members made effective use of "we" in
articulating the alliance that held them together, and it would be good to
read sources that consider this issue. Again, *thank you* for any
suggestions you can offer.
         good wishes,
                         -Duff