[Linganth] Reading recommendations 'we' among activists

Michele Koven koven.michele at gmail.com
Tue Mar 23 17:59:13 UTC 2021

Hi,

There are a number of works that talk about the role of "we" in reflecting
and establishing group identities. Here are some:

Billig, Michael. 1995. *Banal Nationalism*. London: Sage.

Dori-Hacohen, Gonen. 2014. “Establishing Social Groups in Hebrew: ‘We’ in
Political Radio Phone-In

Programs.” In *Constructing Collectivity: ‘We’ across Languages and
Contexts, *edited by S. Pavlidou, 187–206. Amsterdam: John Benjamins.

Marques, Isabelle Simões and Michele Koven. 2018. “‘We are Going to Our
Portuguese Homeland!’ French Luso-descendants’ Diasporic Facebook
Conarrations of Vacation Return Trips to Portugal.” *Narrative Inquiry* 27
(2): 286-310.

Urban, Greg. 2001. *Metaculture: How Culture Moves through the World*.
Minneapolis: University of Minnesota Press.

Yeh, Rihan. (2018) *Passing: Two Publics in a Mexican Border City*.
University of Chicago Press.

Michele Koven
Professor, Department of Communication