[Linganth] Book Announcement and Teaching Guide

Anna Corwin aic3 at stmarys-ca.edu
Fri Sep 3 20:23:49 UTC 2021

Dear friends and colleagues,

I am pleased to share that my new book *Embracing Age: How Catholic Nuns
Became Models of Aging Well
<https://www.rutgersuniversitypress.org/embracing-age/9781978822276>* is
now out with Rutgers University Press. The book shows how Catholic nuns'
aging trajectories and positive health outcomes are shaped by socialization
practices, detailing connections between culture, language, and the
experiences of aging.

I have attached a teaching guide with discussion questions and a key for
matching chapters with courses on research methods, linguistic
anthropology, medical anthropology, the anthropology of religion and
religious studies.

Thanks to a grant from the National Endowment for the Humanities, the
digital book is open access. In addition, anyone (including students) may
use discount code RFLR19 for 30% off and free shipping on the paperback (it
comes to $21).

Thanks for sharing and apologies for cross-posting
Anna
--
Anna I. Corwin, PhD
annaicorwin.com
Embracing Age: How Catholic Nuns Became Models of Aging Well
<https://www.rutgersuniversitypress.org/embracing-age/9781978822276>.

I respectfully acknowledge that I live and work in the California East Bay,
the ancestral land of the Saklan, Bay Miwok tribe and present-day land of
the Ohlone groups including the Muwekma Ohlone Tribe and Ramaytush groups.
Learn more and consider contributing Shuumi land tax here
<https://sogoreate-landtrust.org/pay-the-shuumi-land-tax/>.