[Linganth] ~~POSTPONED~~ Social Justice in the Syllabus

Edwin Everhart edwin.everhart at gmail.com
Thu Dec 8 23:30:00 UTC 2022

Dear colleagues,

I'm writing to inform you that this syllabus workshop originally planned
for Dec. 10th needed to be postponed. We were not able to confirm the
funding for accessibility support in time. With any luck we will be able to
re-schedule it for early in the new year, please stay tuned. I apologize
for the major inconvenience.

We currently have 21 people registered to participate. A number of
thought-provoking questions have been shared on the registration form, and
I will share those (anonymously) to those who have registered by Saturday
at the time of the workshop, along with any recommended teaching resources
that you wish to send along!

The registration form is still active (
https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSe-6l-lPBEbzRPIGc-qWo-NCJX861r45AMFlZQTtRkD-bwu_w/viewform?usp=sf_link)
and the original invitation message is posted below.

-- Edwin K. Everhart, he/him

Please mark your calendars for Saturday, Dec. 10th, for an online workshop
on social justice in the syllabus. We will meet on Zoom:
2:00-4:00pm US Eastern
1:00-3:00pm Central
12:00-1:00pm Mountain
11:00am-1:00pm US Pacific. Register here:
https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSe-6l-lPBEbzRPIGc-qWo-NCJX861r45AMFlZQTtRkD-bwu_w/viewform?usp=sf_link

Contact Edwin (edwin.everhart at gmail.com) for questions or to share your
access needs. We are currently working to establish how we can get funding
for interpreters and transcribers.

This workshop will focus on classroom policies related to accessibility and
justice: how do we address students' diverse needs? We plan to break out
into small groups to share experiences.

Outside of the workshop, but also in these next two weeks, we will renew
and update our list of recommended materials for teaching language and
social justice. Please think of your recommended readings, films,
exercises, and other pedagogical materials. Reply with those suggestions in
the conversation here, in the RSVP form, or chime in as the conversation
continues.

Edwin "Ted" Everhart (he/him)