[Linganth] Announcing the Full Program of SLA 2022

Kira Hall kira.hall at colorado.edu
Thu Mar 3 18:24:13 UTC 2022

We are pleased to announce the Full Program for SLA 2022! Thrice-postponed since its originally scheduled date in 2020, the Society for Linguistic Anthropology Spring Conference will be held in Boulder, Colorado and on the virtual platform Gather.town during April 7-9, 2022, with pre-conference plenaries occurring in both locations on Wednesday, April 6. The conference will feature 500+ presentations from leading and emerging scholars of language in social life, including 6 keynotes and 80+ panels, roundtables, workshops, and poster sessions.

The Full Program, accessible on our SLA 2022 Trello Board<https://trello.com/b/XePCVlsK/sla-2022-spring-conference-full-schedule>, is inclusive of all updates and new submissions. The schedule includes all events taking place in the Inperson/Hybrid Track and the parallel, exclusively Virtual Track. To register for the conference, visit our secure SLA 2022 Conference Registration<https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSfVsGh6YHClbJUOv9nX20G9KZqmz-4FKi6nLjKtanOBh6t4iw/viewform> link, managed by the American Anthropological Association. To register your interest in one of the 13 workshops appearing on the Full Program, visit our SLA 2022 Workshop Signup<https://bit.ly/SLA2022Workshops> link. To book a room in our discounted conference block at the Hilton Embassy Suites in downtown Boulder, make your reservations at our Special Reservations<https://www.hilton.com/en/attend-my-event/denboes-scc-da96ffe2-4f83-4e0c-84a1-b1b1ba9fe2f2/?WT.mc_id=POG> link by March 14.

A limited number of spaces remain on the inperson program for late-breaking sessions and on both tracks for individual posters. If you have a proposal idea you would like to share for a panel, roundtable, workshop, or poster, please contact the conference organizers at SLABoulder at gmail.com<mailto:SLABoulder at gmail.com> before March 14. Session proposals of up to 500 words should address the conference theme in some way: “Future Imperfect: Language in Times of Crisis and Hope.” Poster proposals of up to 250 words may address any topic in the study of language and society.

The SLA 2022 Spring Conference is jointly organized by the Society for Linguistic Anthropology (SLA) and the Program in Culture, Language, and Social Practice (CLASP) at the University of Colorado Boulder.  We look forward to greeting you in April at SLA 2022!

SLA President: Bernard Perley
SLA 2022 Conference Coordinator: Kira Hall
SLA Conference Coorganizers: Judith M.S. Pine, Dominika Baran, Colleen Cotter
SLA Virtual Track Coorganizers: Jena Barchas-Lichtenstein, Jennifer Delfino, Josh Babcock
CLASP Coorganizers: Velda Khoo, Olivia Marrese