[Linganth] Deadline today! TT Asst Prof position, Brown University, Dept. Anthropology

Faudree, Paja paja_faudree at brown.edu
Tue Nov 15 18:22:49 UTC 2022

Hi, everyone --

I am just sending a final about the opening we have at Brown (see below),
since *today is the deadline for full consideration.* Please consider
applying! Please spread the word!

We will be moving quickly after today's priority receipt deadline passes,
so *if you plan to apply please do so by today!!*

Please feel free to contact me directly with any questions, suggestions,
etc.

Best wishes,
Paja

*Brown University is located in Providence, Rhode Island, on lands that are
within the ancestral homelands of the Narragansett Indian Tribe. We
acknowledge that beginning with colonization and continuing for centuries
the Narragansett Indian Tribe have been dispossessed of most of their
ancestral lands in Rhode Island by the actions of individuals and
institutions. We acknowledge our responsibility to understand and respond
to those actions. The Narragansett Indian Tribe, whose ancestors stewarded
these lands with great care, continues as a sovereign nation today. We
commit to working together to honor our past and build our future with
truth.*

______________

The ad, with links for submitting applications, can be found here:
https://careercenter.americananthro.org/job/641720/assistant-professor-of-anthropology-/

Brown University’s Department of Anthropology invites applications for a
tenure-track position at the rank of assistant professor. We seek a scholar
whose research and teaching expertise sits at the intersection of language
and society, broadly construed. Applicants should have a strong record
of ethnographically grounded research, an innovative theoretical approach,
clear plans for future scholarship, and demonstrated excellence in
teaching. Geographic and topical areas of focus are open. A Ph.D. in
anthropology or a closely related field is required at or before the time
of appointment.   Applicants should submit a cover letter, CV, and the
names of three references via Interfolio
<https://apply.interfolio.com/109452>. References will not be contacted
until advanced stages of screening. Applications received by November 15
will receive fullest consideration.

The Department is especially interested in qualified candidates who can
contribute, through their research, teaching, and/or service, to
the diversity and excellence of the academic community. Candidates are
encouraged to draw attention to these contributions in their application
materials.

*Brown University is committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive
academic global community; as an EEO/AA employer, Brown considers
applicants for employment without regard to and does not discriminate on
the basis of, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national
origin, age, race, protected veteran status, disability, or any other
legally protected status.*

--
Paja Faudree