[Linganth] ling anth job at University of Pittsburgh

Ilana Gershon imgershon at gmail.com
Sun Oct 2 11:50:47 UTC 2022

The University of Pittsburgh, Department of Anthropology, invites
applications for a tenure stream Assistant Professor position in
*cultural anthropology* to begin fall 2023, pending budgetary approval.
We seek a cultural anthropologist with research and teaching**expertise
on *language and culture*. We are particularly interested in applicants
whose research and teaching on language (broadly conceived) complements
existing interdisciplinary research within the department on science and
technology studies, human/non-human animal relations, emergent futures,
digitally mediated communication, user experience, and the
human/technology interface. The regional focus is open, but we seek to
build on or complement the department’s existing expertise in Africa,
Asia, or Latin America and descendant or diaspora communities.____

Methodological areas of expertise are open but should add to and
complement existing strengths in our department. Candidates must have an
active research program that provides opportunities for the integration
and training of students. Successful candidates will have a demonstrated
record of excellence in teaching, research and publication and will
contribute to our strong commitment to diversity, equity, and
inclusivity within our academic community and through its programs of
outreach. Teaching responsibilities will include two courses in the fall
term and two courses in the spring term, at undergraduate and graduate
levels. Candidates also will advise and mentor graduate students,
contribute to departmental and wider university administration, and
participate in the intellectual life of the department.____

             The online application must include a cover letter that
discusses the candidate’s research expertise and teaching experience and
pedagogical approaches. The application must also include a diversity
statement, CV, and the names and contact information of three references
(letters are not required with initial application).____

For full consideration, applications must be received by November 4,
2022. The University of Pittsburgh is an Affirmative Action, Equal
Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive
consideration for employment, but members of under-represented groups in
academia, veterans, and persons with disabilities are enthusiastically
encouraged to apply.____

Please use the following link to apply for the
position:https://cfopitt.taleo.net/careersection/pitt_faculty_external/jobdetail.ftl?job=22007836&tz=GMT-04%3A00&tzname=America%2FNew_York
<https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://cfopitt.taleo.net/careersection/pitt_faculty_external/jobdetail.ftl?job=22007836&tz=GMT-04*3A00&tzname=America*2FNew_York__;JSU!!BuQPrrmRaQ!gL93hgprfTnns0M9FIPOipZa1vFUpRI9QzlQ1nJLgGzNL6rxX_-1rAAp8NII_EDfXuFLT0L6Gkvpq1tFFErq-ArA5A$>__