[Linganth] ELAN October Workshop: Evidentials with Kaushalya Perera!

Graan, Andrew andrew.graan at helsinki.fi
Mon Oct 3 13:03:37 UTC 2022

Dear friends of the EASA Linguistic Anthropology Network,

On October 13, at 12:15 British Summer Time, we'll be discussing the topic of evidentials, with a reading on the topic and an invitation for anyone who has engaged with the topic in their own research to present examples, questions, and problems. A link to the reading can be found here<https://www.jcu.edu.au/__data/assets/pdf_file/0010/785773/27_Aikhenvald.LinguisticTypology-2015.pdf>. If you have any problems accessing it, feel free to email me at meghanne.barker at gmail.com<mailto:meghanne.barker at gmail.com> and I can send it to you. The discussion will be led by Dr Kaushalya Perera.

Here's the link to the zoom meeting: https://ucl.zoom.us/j/93624173019
Apologies for access issues last time! This link should work fine. If you're ever having trouble joining a meeting, I'll keep an eye on my email during the meeting, so feel free to contact me (meghanne.barker at gmail.com<mailto:meghanne.barker at gmail.com>), and I'll try to help you join.

Please join us, whether or not you already work on evidentials or find the topic compelling for other reasons. Feel free to bring examples, and we can hold an interactive session; I can enable screen sharing for all, etc.!

And thanks to all of you who completed the survey! There was a bit of a split between those wanting to keep the usual time and those wanting a couple of extra hours, and the day didn't make much of a difference, so we'll be keeping the meetings on Thursdays, with the October and December meetings at 12:15, the November and January meetings later -- see the sign-up sheet <https://docs.google.com/document/d/1njeIdJXhDtgI8ziSumDMTR0uCGzCoPUpt984UF45s_I/edit?usp=sharing> for details -- and the later 2023 meetings TBD depending on presenters' availabilities.

Hopefully this gives people based in North America more opportunities to join without making it impossible for those based in different parts of Europe to continue to participate.

Thanks for your patience and cooperation, and looking forward to our discussion in a couple of weeks!

Best,

Meghanne and Janet