[Linganth] AAA submission portal open

Sandhya Narayanan sandkn at umich.edu
Thu Feb 2 17:49:52 UTC 2023

Hi all,

Happy Groundhog's Day. Unfortunately, Phil saw his shadow, which means 6
more weeks of winter.
But do not despair, because in those 6 weeks we have something else to look
forward to...preparing our AAA submissions!

The submission portal is open today. *Submissions are due on March 29th,
2023 11:59 ET on the AAA online submission portal.*

Here is the link to the submission portal/page:
https://annualmeeting.americananthro.org/submissions/general-call-for-participation/

While you are perusing through the page, please keep a few things in mind:
1. AAA has expanded their options for individually submitted presentations,
to include additional kinds of pre-recorded, asynchronous talks. Even
though we love having panels, and I do enjoy putting together individually
submitted paper presentations into panels, please note these other virtual
options. They are great if travelling in person to Toronto is not feasible,
and great for graduate students/junior scholars. I will do my best to try
and promote these presentation options as much as possible this year!
2. Like last year, session organizers are responsible for collecting
abstracts from the individual presenters on their panel. So, if you are
thinking of organizing a panel/roundtable, please read on the submission
website about what you need to get from your individual presenters as soon
as possible to ensure that your submissions sail through.

Please note- even though the deadline is March 29th, you need to have
started your submission entry on the online portal by *March 22nd. * Please
plan accordingly.

In the coming weeks you will all be receiving additional notifications from
me about panel planning and connecting with others. So please keep your
eyes peeled for those notices, and pass them along to those you think might
benefit from them.

If you have any specific questions/concerns, please feel free to email me
at snarayanan at unr.edu.

More soon!
Sandhya

--